Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Well Helfrigginlo!

I have wanted to join the blogging world for a long time now.  In fact, I have had this here blog since March 10, 2009.  And another very short lived number since September 2007.  What has kept me from it?  I don't know...life, laziness, fear.

My love affair with blogging started with www.dooce.com and it has grown and grown from there.  Ironically, a lot of the blogs I read are "mommy blogs."  But unless you count my dog and three cats I am not a mommy, although I certainly hope to be some day.  I think it is important to say however that I don't see them as simply "mommy's."  I see remarkable women who are out there trying to make sense of their lives.  And I can relate to that.  So I want to be a part of this community.  I might even need to be a part of this community.  But more on that later.

Why have I titled my blog "Enjoyable?" you ask?  It's a word I often use to describe things.  "Wow, that's enjoyable."  OR "Ohhhh, that is NOT AT ALL enjoyable." Because that is kind of what life is made up of, no?  Things that are good and things that pretty much totally suck?!  I know there are in betweens but you know what I mean.  And someone once told me that it can help to write about things.  Good and bad.  Writing about the good helps you recognize it and give it more attention, something I need to do more of...and writing about the bad is therapeutic too.  And if this actually gets read, I hope that I can benefit from people's thoughts and comments the way that so many of my favorite bloggers do. I am sure I will suffer from them too...because sometimes...people are just the worst.  But I get the feeling the good outweighs the bad in this whole blogging thing...at least I hope so!

Anyway, I am going to leave the momentous Post #1 at that because I need to get this shit started.  So there it is.

Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment