Friday, June 17, 2011

Total Slacker

Wow, am I already sucking at this or what?  Posting once and then nothing for over a week is not how I envisioned this getting started but whatareyagonnado?!

What have I been filling my time with? Among other far less important things....RESCUE ME.  My lord am I ever addicted.  But I need to get a few things off my chest.  Mainly Janet.  And Sheila.  Spoiler alert for anyone who might want to watch the show are some point in the future!  I am in Season 4 and since the show started Janet has lived across the street from her husband/ex-husband while dating a douche bag, gotten drunk and then pregnant by her estranged husband, secretly gotten an abortion, lied about needing money so that she could stash it away for when she secretly sells their mutually owned house for FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS, kidnapped her three children and moved without any word to her husband, lived secretly in Ohio for months while dating a man with a MULLET, stolen her children for a second time out the back door of the mulleted mans house, returned to NYC after her husband steals the kids back, taken the most magical anti-depressant ever created on a television show, decided she wants to renew her vows with her husband/ex-husband, totally and irrationally blamed her husband for the death of their son, had an affair with her husband's BROTHER, cheated on her husband's brother with her husband, gotten pregnant again having no idea whether her husband or brother-in-law/lover is the father, had the baby, hated the baby, been depressed and has now left her husband and taken the kids AGAIN.  I mean REALLY?! 

And Sheila is just BAT SHIT CRAZY!  With the wanting Tommy (the above mentioned husband/ex-husband), losing his baby but eating like a crazy person to still look pregnant, dating the abusive lesbian, drugging Tommy, raping him while he is drugged, buying him an Escalade, burning down her multi million dollar beach house, offering to buy Tommy's baby and ya know, just living and breathing everyday like the insanely mentally ill person that she is.  Although, when I look at it here, laid out for no one to read...Janet turns out to be WAY. WORSE.

All of that being said...the show really is so good.  While the characters are a bunch of pigs, I still love them.  They are totally endearing.  I don't know if it is realistic but I find the behind-the-scenes look at fire fighters to be fascinating.  And the complex relationships between the guys, with all that they have been through, riveting.  And they are funny.  Some of the stuff that comes out of their mouths makes me wish I was friends with them.  But Tommy and his ghosts are really what sucked me in.  I had a vague idea of what the show was about before I started streaming it through my Wii but the ghosts are what made me stop and consider the unique brilliance of Rescue Me.  Tommy is visited/tortured/comforted by the ghosts/visions/hallucinations of the people who he has lost in his life.  And it adds a dimension to the show that totally rocks my world.  And his. 

But I guess I will leave it at that.  I am not writing episode guides here.  But I so easily could.  I am leaving so much out.  The moral of the story:  if you don't watch it already, you should check it out. 

Rating:  So very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment